Rates for financial years starting on 1 April
The measure sets the CT main rate for each year from the financial year beginning 1 April 2017 to the financial year beginning 1 April 2020, reducing the CT main rate to 17% by 2020.
|Rate||1 April 2016||1 April 2017-2018-2019||1 April 2020|
(all profits except ring fence profits)
- Corporation Tax balance due within the 9 months after ARD.
- CT600 & Financial statements have to be filed within 12 months after ARD
- Financial statements have to be filed with the Companies House within 10 months after ARD.
VALUE ADDED TAX (VAT)
|Rate||% VAT||What the rate applies to|
|Standard||20%||Most goods and services|
|Reduced||5%||Some goods and services, eg children’s car seats and home energy|
|Zero rate||0%||Zero-rated goods & services, eg food products not transformed and children’s clothes|
Registration to UK VAT :
To get a UK VAT number is not linked to the registration of your new company. A specific procedure with the HMRC is required to apply for it.
Compulsory registration :
- UK sales > GBP 85 000 per year 2017
- Distance selling > GBP 70 000 per year
VAT n° format
GB + 9 figures
Dates de déclarations :
You usually submit a VAT Return to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) every 3 months.
BE AWARE !
The taxable rate applicable to a company for profits is mainly due to its place of registration but the Tax Office will also take into consideration in case of Tax Control the reality of the activity : existing premises, local clients, local employees, where the work is done, place of living of directorship...
INCOME TAX 2017-2018
Income Tax is deducted at source in the UK, directly on the payslip on a monthly basis as per the Tax code allocated by HMRC to each UK resident.
|Personnal Allowance 0%||Up to £11 500|
|Basic rate 20%||£11 501 to £45 000|
|Higher rate: 40%||£45 0001 to £150 000|
|Additional rate 45%||Over £150 000|
Income Tax Allowances
|Income Tax allowances||2017/2018|
|Personal Allowance||£11 500|
|Minimum amount of married couple’s allowance||£3 260|
|Blind Person's Allowance||£2 320|
|Child Benefit– First child||£20.70 weekly|
|Child benefit—Additionnal children||£13.70 weekly|
DOUBLE TAX AGREEMENT France - United Kingdom
This agreement aims at reducing double taxation as per your residency & domiciliation status :
- If you benefit from a non resident status, Income Tax is not deducted through PAYE scheme in the UK.
- Income Tax paid in the UK can be deducted in France from French Income Tax due on your worldwide incomes.
- Some expenses may not be deductible on a Tax Point of view & be reintegrated before calculating Corporation Tax.
- Directors have to declare if they own other companies & this may modify the way the Corporation Tax is calculated.